Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Why oh why must people be so difficult?

Before I begin this entry, it is important to acknowledge that my (our) home is a happy home.  My kids sleep tonight.  My son is currently sleeping without nightmares due solely to the brilliant work of one of his long term mental health docs. I remain convinced that guy is simply brilliant when it comes to kids.

My son is the most amazing survivor.  He is doing what is necessary and he will continue to survive, despite all odds.  Because I have chosen to stand next to him (I am his mom regardless) I have become, in some sense an adjunct to his trauma and what he has survived.  I am the keeper of "his stuff."  I am the one that knows and understands his monsters.  I am the Mom that knows "why."  I also know where the line between sanity and that which is too much to endure lies.  I am the keeper of the secrets.

Alex's day treatment people upped their attack on me today. These people have not even bothered to communicate with my son's long term doctors despite waivers in place.

Alex's long term support system is stepping up to help the day treatment people.   Their attempt to move further from support seems so very odd. 

So tomorrow I am facing taking my kid to a day treatment program where they may or may not tell me he has been "forcibly discharged against doctors' orders." When they confronted me today I told them to specifically document their decisions if that was their choice. If they haven't "forcibly discharged him yet," I am still reluctant to leave him there. It now feels like such a mickey-mouse operation.

No comments: