Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Friday, September 5, 2008

Yeah - today was not the day ...

I want to thank everyone for keeping me in their prayers and thoughts. I treasure all that outpouring of love and support. And it will happen when it will happen. There are a couple of documents still needing to be dealt with before the date will issue from the court. I hope it all gets taken care of soon. And I will have to update the medical certification because it expires at the end of the month. Kind of a bummer but then there are still lots of stuff to take care of before the little one arrives.


My realtor was really sweet and emailed me this week wanting to throw me a shower for the little one. People at work have already insisted on throwing one so I was totally speechless. I had never even thought about it. I think I have already bought too much stuff for him. If you asked Lana, my translator in Vlad, she would definately agree. I really do not need anything other than maybe some clothing but I was kind of waiting until I was about to get on the plane because kids can grow so fast. I am actually of half a mind to wait until I get there so that I can buy stuff that will reasonably fit him.


Also, I can continue to save for what I call the SUV of the bike world, which is a nifty bike from the Netherlands and can be seen at this link http://clevercycles.com/store/?c=web2.68. I currently commute to work by bike year round. So even while there is a train just around the corner from my house that takes all of nine minutes to deliver me to work, I still insist on suiting up in the cold and rainy dark of winter so that I can bike to work. That being said, I am not inclined to subject the little one to the same extreme conditions, hence my intent to buy this SUV. It comes with a severe weather cover and the front section is roomy enough so that serious gear can be added to keep him warm. Even though he will go to the Russian elementary school immersion program in our public school system (the only one of its kind in the country - check out the link! http://enrollment.pps.k12.or.us/.docs/pg/11139) I will still use the SUV bike for commuting for the family. And fun family weekend outings with the little one and my Dalmatian Louie. The Labrador Gabrielle would never come - she might have to expend energy getting in and out of the bike. :)


I ended my week with friends. My friend Maggie suggested we take another friend, Dolena, out for a late birthday celebration. A few more friends joined and it was a wonderful time. The place we picked to meet was hosting a Red Hat Society gathering and it was an amazing experience. Some of those hats are way too gorgeous. I want one!!


So the day ended on a sweet note. That is good enough today for me. I hope that everyone has an awesome weekend. Me I will probably be painting that orange trim. A greater love has no Mom. Take care, Sarah

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi. I'm right there with you. I feel exactly what you are right now, as I didn't get a call yesterday either. I'm hoping for Monday, or at least next week sometime. We can hang on a little longer! It will all be so worth it when we hold those sweet children in our arms again.

Cindy

Carey and Norman said...

Hi Girl. I know how hard the wait is getting. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a court date yet. You remain in our thoughts and prayers. We cannot wait to hear news of travel soon.

Thanks for sharing the news on the bike and SUV. You're a hoot riding to work in the dark and rain.