Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Friday, September 19, 2008

I sleep in D.C. tonight!!!!

Tomorrow I will get on the first of several planes for Russia. The first one leaves Dulles around noon. I spent the whole day today getting from the west coast to the east coast. Everything seemed to be delayed today. Once the first plane was late I thought I would miss my connection in Denver but no, that plane was late too. Which was wonderful except for the fact that the gate assignment changed every time I checked a monitor. So I went to the food court and stocked up on Paradise Bakery sandwiches. I made that plane but then the next had engine trouble and we were delayed even further. Oh my goodness. I finally made it to my hotel for the stay over in D.C.

Staying in a hotel before flying to Russia (or Europe) is an idea my dear friend Gabrielle suggested months ago. And it is a most excellent idea. Tomorrow the marathon begins. I fly straight through (more or less) from Washington D.C. to Vlad. That connection in Moscow is seriously tight with me having to go through customs and recheck into the domestic side of the airport before I reboard. I ask everyone to please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for that tight travel maneuver. I had hoped to spend a night in Moscow before catching an Aeroflot flight to Vlad but seat availability did not allow for that possibility. So now I get to sprint from SVO 1 to SVO 2 while going through customs. What fun. And the wonderful people who helped with the visa informed me that I need to register in Moscow before heading east. They are there in the airport ready to help thank goodness. Does that sound like fun or what??? :)

But you know it is all worth it. There is a little boy who still does not know if I will come back through the door for him. And he has been insisting people find her for him for years. Since my Mom has always been there for me, I can only image how he must feel. And he is such an excellent little boy it really breaks my heart he had to wait so long for his mother to come for him. Of course as many know I firmly believe that all children need a home and love. If people could have seen the children line up by my van after the second day visit they would understand and adopt at least one child.

That being said, time grows short. I will be in court a week from today. Wow. And I refuse to check anything I need for that day. No matter how many looks I get. I will not check the paperwork. And not my nice outfit. And not the photo album that I finally scrap-booked. And certainly not a change of clothing with which to bring the little out of the orphanage. Oh yeah and the Crocodile which is a friend of the cartoon character Cheburashka which the little one so loves. I lugged that thing around all day today. I was seriously tired after being a pack mule all day but I did not want to lose anything at this point. Given my lovely flight schedule tomorrow, I look forward to another "pack mule" day. Once I hit the domestic side of Moscow I am totally checking the roll on piece since it is a direct flight to Vlad. Thank goodness.

I am so looking forward to seeing Irina and Lana again. I will be sure to pass on everyones kind thoughts to them. They are such an awesome team. They really made my adoption experience something wonderful. They both work so hard to help our children come home.

Wow it is totally happening. I worked so long and hard for this day it is actually hard to believe it is here. Tomorrow Moscow! Yeah baby!

And I get to see my son-to-be in a couple of days. I cannot wait. I miss him so.
He is such a truly wonderful child. Take care all, Mame Sarah

4 comments:

MamaSten said...

YIPPEE! I wish we would have known that you were staying overnight in DC and we could have visited you so you could have met our boys. If you come back through DC, please let us know and we'll meet you. We are soooo excited for you! Keep blogging. :)
Take care,
d

Joel and Clarion said...

Blessings on your travels and on court! You are in our prayers. We can't wait to hear about your reunion with your little guy. Say HI to Lana and Irina for us.

Carey and Norman said...

So glad you are one step closer. I cannot wait to see your first post from Russia! Lots and lots of love!!

Carey and Norman said...

I keep checking on you to see if you are there yet....you remain in my thoughts. Looking forward to your next post.