Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Sunday, October 19, 2008

We are home

I am sorry it has taken me so long to let everyone know we are home. I want to thank everyone for all your kind thoughts. Getting home was a nightmare. He pretty much tantrumed non-stop throughout the entire trip home. Customs just waived us through. He broke loose while we were going back through airport security and we basically destroyed the line markers in the chase. He just raged about everything. My airline got us on an earlier flight because until then he did better on the plane than in the airports. People were so sweet in helping me. At one point it took me over 40 minutes to walk across the way to the bathroom. And then we were home.

I am working on getting him help. And I hope time will help. He is struggling so hard. So I will not be posting much in the near future so that I can focus on helping Sasha.

9 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Dear Sarah,

You and Sasha are in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry that you had a rough time getting home from Russia. Not a day goes by that my mom and I do not think of you. Parenthood is the greatest blessing, but also poses the hardest decisions we face as adults. I do believe that Sasha will find the help he needs. You are a wonderful mother and you will make the right decisions for your family. My heart goes out to you. Please do not hesitate to call or write if we can do anything!

Much love and many prayers coming your way!

Carey

Joel and Clarion said...

We are praying for you guys! You are and will continue to be a blessing to Sasha. Hang in there!

Betsy said...

We also got help for our boys and it was the best thing we did. Our lives got much better after that. I thought we would have a honeymoon and a chance to breath before the problem behaviors started but, similar to you with Sasha, they started immediately and just got worse. We got help at the U of Minn. International Adoption Clinic and it was a HUGE help. It has been eight months and a lot of hard work, but things do get better.
Betsy

Cindy said...

After our bonding time together in Russia, both in Vlad and Moscow, you know how much I admire you and I know you can handle this. It's all about the love you have for that little boy who needs you. You are both lucky to have found each other. Hang in there. I think of you so often, too. I probably won't continue my blog now that we're home, either. Too much else to do in the land of motherhood! Take care. Tell Sash that Vika says hello.

Cindy

Carey and Norman said...

I know you said you were not going to keep up this blog, but I'd love an update. We talk about you often and want to check to make sure you're still alive :o) Okay, we know your alive....but, we still want to make sure that you aren't hanging by your feet somewhere...wait, once again you wouldn't be able to blog in that condition. So, I guess we'll know your hanging by your feet upside down if we don't hear from you soon.

You remain in our thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Sarah,

I had been following your blog and I think about you and Sasha often. I also adopted as a single woman and do know that with time it gets easier. Let us know how you're doing! I hope that you've gotten some help and are adjusting to your new life as a mom.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melora said...

Hello

We adopted a few years ago and just wanted to tell you that things get better!! http://katherinesadoption.blogspot.com/

Please let me know if you need anything!!