Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tomorrow We Fly to Moscow

Yesterday we got Sasha's birth certificate and today we recieved his Russian passport and the medical report for the embassy. I also managed to go back to the toy store and buy another version of the doll that sings hims to sleep (the other one got broken). In a little while I will begin the packing for the trip. I did pretty good at not buying too much food for the room while I was here but I still over bought on milk and juice. Oh well.

That is one of the nice things about the Vlad Inn is that if the suites are available they give them to adoptive families. So Sash and I began in a small hotel room and then moved to a suite which is pretty nice. The kitchen is a special blessing with its full refrigerator and stove. And it has dishes which is really nice. The extra room was deeply appreciated, especially in the beginning given it helped with all the running and screaming.

But we never figured out how to use two tvs. When the tv is on Sasha is in the room with me. There is no real time spent apart. Which is okay by me. We have already spent most of his life apart so I figure he is making up for lost time. Please think good thoughts for us as we get on that nine hour flight to Moscow tomorrow. It should be an interesting flight. :) Take care, Sarah

3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Safe travels and many prayers coming your way! I will pray that Sasha feels comfortable in the airport and airplane. Hopefully, you can find comfort or support from some of the Russians sitting nearby. Never hesitate to ask for help as the flight attendants are usually helpful.

Betsy said...

Sarah,
I was directed to your blog by Darla S., because she thought your experience sounded a lot like ours. Boy, was she right! My husband and I adopted 2 boys (10 & 7) from Vlad 6 months ago. We have really been through the ringer with these guys, and had a very hard time in Russia and no support from CHI. I know it is hard, but there are steps you can take to make things better. Please e-mail me when you get a chance and I will pass along what I have learned. Hang in there!
Betsy Barnard
geekygirrl@yahoo.com

The Jones Family said...

We will be praying for save travels for the both of you. We have been thinking about Sasha alot, he is a special young man. Tell Andy we will be praying for as well.