Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Words to live by

I recently saw this quote: 

Keep your head up!
God gives
His Hardest Battles to
His Strongest Warriors.
 
 
I had already done my war this summer when I saw this quote.  My work life is now getting busy.   I have to do what I do best - my job - I hope.  My son's school district is messing up with supporting him in his school year.  The teacher is awesome and Alex loves it at this school but there are issues flying around that appear to be calculated to derail Alex. 
 
My sweetheart - he has a chance.  But I must fight yet another battle.  When I so do not have time.  And then I tripped across this quote from behappy.com.
 
It is like what I always say, if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it.  I believe that.  I know it because I have lived it.  My life shows that simple reality of faith.  God has always provided me with the ability to get through - just not always in the way I envisioned.
 
What I like about this saying is the observation that God brings the hardest battles to his strongest warriors.  That may be true.  I certainly withstand hard battles.  I certainly endure and often prevail in the most ardous of life battle situations.
 
I never thought about looking at what I deal with, the battles, as something God brings to me because I am one of his strongest warriors. 
 
I do know that if God had not brought me to Alex, my son, he would be forever lost.  Alex needs such a strong warrior to help him.  I weep for all the other kids like him that have no one to help them live and thrive.  I once did not know that I would find my greatest strength in my tears.  I now know better. 
 
God blesses us all.  He truly does. 

No comments: