Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Friday, September 7, 2012

What a nice week - school is back!

The miracle child did his week at school. While he did his week at school to best of his ability, they still scrambled getting the proper support in place for him, so I have to go back and talk to everyone yet again to try and get them straight about it all. Until then he will stay home for at least Monday. That being said, my most wonderful child is back in the house.

His sister was so happy to be back in school but after about 10 minutes the first morning, she looked around and told me she was done for the year. Nice try kiddo. :)

Tonight we had a major water fight outside. I was trying to pick herbs while the barbeque was trying to start. I kept chasing the kids with water. Alex was so sweet, he kept shielding his sister with the sandbox cover. The giggles and screams of joy were simple music to a Mama's heart.

Life is back to the way it was. Nice. Wonderful. A sweet time.

I also learned something. I finally had time to map out all the times there were problems with Alex this summer and they all coincided with an anticipation that I was leaving - for work - or the gym. I felt that his therapist was right, it wasn't about an attachment issue with me but it was still shocking when I actually laid it all out. He was right and I was right - Alex is like every other kid, he wants to have his mama and be safe. Apparently, he finally, finally believed it. Thank the good lord.

And just in time, the holidays and all the birthdays are coming up. The super festive season is about to commence. And the rains are about to come back - we all need to get down to the serious business of having fun and being much, much cooler.

I knew that if I waited long enough, it would all work out. I have the happy life back. :)


No comments: