Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Monday, September 24, 2012

Found out my son kept calling 911 for help while at school!

Alex had been calling 911 from his classroom - several times - and nobody ever told me.  They simply restricted his access to the phone and did not tell me.  Alex called for police help to stop the bullying at school - and nobody told me.  No wonder we had the summer we did. 

Alex did everything we tell our kids to do and he was still hit, harassed, and bullied.  He did what he was told to do and the abuse did not stop.  No wonder he threw so many, many rocks.  No wonder.  I want to throw them too.

I have a call into the police department to get those dates, times and tapes.  My poor sweetie - omg. 

Did they not think I would find out?!?!?!?

Did they not think I would do something about it?!?!?!?!?

I was there, at the school, almost everyday.  I still knew nothing.  I suggest you hold your babies close and keep them safe. 

Alex remains a product of coming from a life where birth parents did not keep him safe.  In his case that resulted in orphanage issues but I have seen even worse problems with domestic foster children.  In these situations children simply take care of what harms them alone.  They do not tell even the caring adult.  By the time they do, they are often violent like the foster child that repeatedly punched me in the stomach and attempted to arm himself with knives. 

I step back from my personal situation and I wonder - how many children are further harmed and try to go it alone?  I remember this little girl at Alex's school last year.  We knew her from the before school placement.  I remember sitting down with her and her grandfather for a thanksgiving lunch at the before school.

When Alex was transferred to Bridger, she looked at me so oddly.  She was no longer with her grandfather.  She had been adopted by a family that was related to another family that also had a child in that room.  These new family members did not get along.  She was so stiff in affectation and kept looking like she wanted to warn me - about something.  But she never did.

I worry about the children left in harms' way and left to fend for themselves.  Before this summer Alex still thought he was that kind of kid.  I think he did a lot of testing this summer.  He made sure I called 911 a lot and had the police come.  Maybe to make up for all those times he needed the police at school and they were not allowed to come.  I let them come - every time.  Alex learned that I would never let him fend for himself.  I will always call for the police to take him to safety - with the doctors.

The ultimate irony of this whole situation is that a severely disfigured child who has to endure many invasive medical procedures and surgeries still trusted those doctors to keep him safe.  And he trusted me to keep calling the police to take him to them.  We do okay. 

We have our happy life back, but it means I stand at the gates, watching for any cloud on the horizon.  And I let none of the cockroaches go free that attempted to do this to him.  I have my bug stomping shoes on of course. 

Back to watching paint dry.


 

No comments: