Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Monday, September 3, 2012

In the end I did not leave and I did not let him leave either

Another trip to the zoo today. Another happy day. Alex did not run today.

Today he decided it was okay to be happy.

Today he decided that Moms do keep you safe. He was sad that not all kids have a Mom to keep them safe.

And then he came home, watched a cartoon dvd, ate dinner and went to bed with his dog at the foot of the bed.

If I didn't have the rather large stack of medical bills and problems with the facilities, I would think it had all been a very, very bad dream.

I do not know for sure who that other kid was, but I am glad to have my son back.

I guess that other kid may have been the little boy I first met in Russia. He may have been the little boy that raged through the embassy and the American airport we came home through. He may have even been that little boy that spent months raging in my house after he was home. That little boy had been gone so long that I had not recognized him when he came back. He had been so young when I had seen him last.

I think that so very sad and lost boy came back to see me this summer. He had better tricks. He tried harder to make me leave because he got scared I would not keep him safe. In the end, I did not leave.

In the end, the lost and scared little boy believed I was his Mom and would keep him safe. He let my little boy come back to us.

My boy wonder sleeps tonight. Finally, our life is back.

No comments: