Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Gotcha Day!

It is a day most adoptive parents celebrate - the day their kid legally became their son or daughter.  For Alex and me, that day is today.  Happy gotcha day dear child.  You have been a joy to my heart.  I will love you forever.  You have made me a better human being and I thank you for it.

I was working in the rose garden last night and it occurred to me that children are like roses.  They can be contrary and often come with thorns but they bloom so beautifully with a little love and time.  Some rose bushes grow better in one spot or another.  Some like more water, some like less.  Some overpower with their amazing scent, other dazzle the eyes of a viewer.  Some explode and grow all over while others stay small and grow simply in their little spot.  All are beautiful and often an addition of joy in the world in their own unique way.

All the roses are beautiful - just like children.  I celebrate our gotcha day. 

No comments: