Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Friday, February 17, 2012

Just a quick note on my being told I will never adopt through my State because I am single

It isn't because of anything I did and/or didn't do. It isn't because of anything Alex did and/or didn't do. They had us under a microscope for 26 months and found nothing in even the most trying of circumstances. They even acknowledge that fact.

They just will not let me adopt because I am single. That is not an okay reason. That is not a legally defensible reason. I have been trying to work with my state's Governor's advocacy office but while they are nice, it does not look promising. I have also filed with the federal agency that oversees state agencies concerning adoption. That agency openly publishes their decisions that reverse state actions that are happening to me with less evidentiary grounds.

I wonder how many people out there did not know their state was not the last word on this issue. I wonder how many potentially awesome parents are turned away by such state activities. I wonder how many mama hearts have been broken.

That being said, I am in the process of getting another blog up about this issue because I think it is timely. There are lots of kids that need a home. I suspect there are a lot of parents out there that simply are being denied the opportunity to offer their home to these kids in need for no good reason.

Kind of makes me weep.

No comments: