Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Thursday, May 2, 2013

God always put me in the right place

I never question the course of my life.  God brought me to my children and he always places me where he needs me to be. 

Alex had quite the spectacular run away event on Tuesday but the police tracked down Alex within 20 minutes and had him on route to the hospital.  That is quite the story but that is for another day. 

Because of the continuing Alex issues, I worked from home today and then had a friend help me go to the store with Alex.  We shopped without incident and made it home.  I took the first bag in with Daria in tow and dropped by purse on the table.  I go back out to my friend's car and all of a sudden I see a blur of young men running across the street.

Two boys started hitting a third and had him on the ground.  They hit him and kicked him in the face.  I yelled at them I was calling for the police.  I ran back into the house to grab my phone and ran back out while dialing 911. 

Those two boys were still hitting the one on the ground.  I started running toward them to stop them.  Only then did they start to leave, but they threatened the beaten young man that they would find him again tomorrow and it would be even worse. 

I called the police and attempted to comfort the young man.  He just wanted to go home.  I asked him to please stay until the police arrived.  He agreed to stay on site until the police came but he refused all aid and water.  I admit it, I called 911 back and asked where the police were.  I was afraid the boy would leave.  I finally took him out some water - it is a hot day today - but I let him have his space. 

The police came and talked with him. And then they came and talked with me.  Given Alex run history, the police officer knew us well.  For once I was grateful that everyone at the police precinct has gotten to know me so well.  After talking with me, the police officer went back across the street and took that young man's statement.

A little while ago, the father came back with his son to talk to me about it all.  He asked if I would swear to what I saw.  He is going to be filing charges.  Apparently this has happened to this young man before and nobody ever sees anything. 

God always puts me in the right place.  I saw and I will tell. 

I wish someone had done that for Alex last year. 

No comments: