Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

kiss your kids and hold them close

I have had better days.  Did an IEP meeting today.  Those people sure make me sad.  They really said I did not see my son punched in the face.  omg.  That was last year.

This year he was threatened with a knife in addition to being repeatedly punched and taunted.  Nobody at the meeting knew about the knife threat even though I reported it to the principal. They said it could not have happened becasue they, who did not know about the incident, had not seen the knife.  

They judge Alex without acknowledging he is in harms way. 

Alex is right to run.  Alex is right to take the biggest rocks he can find and throw them at the house.  Alex is right to run down the street looking for a safe home, any place that can protect him.


Alex is right, Alex is right, Alex is right.  He has not been safe.  I trusted others to keep him safe and I was wrong. 

I did not keep him safe.  But I am learning.

I keep him close, so very close now. 

My son is a survivor.  He is nine.  He deserves better.  At least in Russia the officials did not allow ten-year-olds be be armed with knives.  I used to tell him this was a better place.  I watch him sleep less then ten feet from me with his dog blocking all access to him and I wonder.

Was I right or is he? 

Listen to your kids.  Then hold them close.  Keep them safe.  At any cost.

No comments: