Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Monday, May 14, 2012

Thanks to Vica's Mom!

You are so right about the school system.  Alex got hit yet again today and they moved him to another room to sit with a para-educator for the rest of the day.  At least she found his medications I sent to school and had told the teacher about first thing this morning.  The school people plied him with three lollipops and two cookies.  Classic case of an abuser rewarding a child so they will not tell.  Alex told of course. 

Gosh these school people make me mad.  Alex will stay home tomorrow of course and I have a call into the principal.  The knife-wielding 10-year-old will be back in school tomorrow.  Not a day for Alex to be there.

We will all meet on Wednesday.  I think it is time not only for a permanent para-educator to be assigned to Alex but also a change in schools.  What a crazy crazy world confronts the parents of traumatized kids. 

I finally think I figured it out - it is not Alex that is the problem - it is the fact that he is being constantly anxietized in the school setting.  He is fine if not traumatized.  I guess that is why neither me nor the doctors could see the problem.  We do not cause him to endure more than he can.

And he has lost another academic year. 

No comments: