Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Watched a movie tonight that remined me about PTSD

I sometimes forget that the Dad I had after my Father died suffered from PTSD from doing too many tours in too many places as a Marine. I actaully never forget, it is just something that becomes a part of you. When you love someone that something is always in the background. Families do what they do - they do the best they can for each other.

I look at Alex today and I realize he tells me stories like my Dad did. Wait - he used to tell me stories like that. And now he doesn't.

Today he tells me kids things. Not more PTSD. What to think? Is it gone - probably not if someone hits the bruise left by a prior life event but otherwise a normal kid.

I had one of the surgeons recently tell me a preoccupation with snot is a normal nine-year-old boy thing - even if the boy was not cleft. Good to know because Alex is maxing that issue out with everyone he sees currently.

But he is still a kid that always is looking for Mom. We did a re-entry meeting today after his five day suspension from school and he was so worried. He kept peeking from the other room while we all talked. He got yoga at school today as a result of that meeting but he still looks so worried until he sees me again.

Then I was finally home and all was good. Kids got homework done and bedtime went well.

Alex is sleeping through the night and Daria is having nightmares which may be her first time admiting to them since coming home.

Gotta go - a kid needs cuddling. Thank the Lord for all his blessings.

No comments: