Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Monday, July 20, 2009

We have discovered pirates!!!


We have discovered the idea of "ahoy maties!" It was only a matter of time for a little boy watching SpongeBob. His room has already been entirely redone in the Bikini Bottom theme. Sasha decided to hold off on putting the borders up simply because he is trying to "behave" well enough with the cats so as to get a room upstairs.

He totally LOVES anything pirate right now!!! He is sooooo cute. He always does the "argh" and then asks "what you want?!" I always say I want all the treasure in your treasure chest. He then says okay and gets all the imaginary booty out. It makes my heart melt every time. And he giggles so much all the time now. Don't get me wrong, there are still issues but, finally, he may be getting a little happier now.


And isn't that what we all want for our children? Sasha often asks me "why you do that?" It is usually after I gave him something new he needs like clothing or a kiss, a hug or even candy. And I always say - because I love you and I want you to be happy. I am personally opposed to, and appalled at candy, but it means a lot to him so I try. Frankly I liked it better when in Russia he thought my granola bars were chocolate. :)
In this picture he is asking me the "why" question.





In this picture Sasha has discovered money from the Tooth Fairy for his second tooth. Too cute!









And this is Sasha seriously at work with his marble slide.

All in all Summer is a fun time! I hope you are enjoying your summer and God bless. Take care, Sarah


No comments: