Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A family doing what they do

I have now been home for weeks - no working - getting things to calm down. 

Is it calmer?  More or less.  We are coming up on a month of no running with a slight recent public tantrum requiring transport.  Afterwards Alex apologized for getting mad and losing his temper.  It had been an amazingly fun day complete with rides and ice cream cones.

It seems to remain a combination of control issues, love and safety.  It is also about testing boundaries.  I often wonder what Alex has been told by kids at school about families.  In the beginning me and the school district moved Alex into the most protected environment but now I wonder about the kids he met there.  The school district destroyed all their records from his time there so all that is left is what I have from them during that time.  While what I have shows Alex was a model student, it does not tell me what he was exposed to during his time there. 

My job situation is at end of dealing with the extremes that the situation the bullying and assault in the school system last year has caused. What I do with that reality I do not yet know. 

Alex is scheduled to go summer day camp in just a few days.  He and I are so very excited about it.  The camp people are worried.  There are federal funds given to them to accommodate kids like Alex but they may not allow him to go.  I hope we all are able to work it out. 

My main focus, after the kids of course, is the fact that most people simply eat too high up on the food chain, me included.  Especially during this time of serious long-term stress.  I am working on getting back to the vegan option, which is closer to a balance with the earth.  My kids eat what they need to be what they need to be.  Ironically they independently and consistently choose the vegetarian option.  My sweeties - I will not have to worry about them being nutritionally unhealthy as they get older.  That is a blessing.

Since I always feel better when I eat what is closer to veganism, I wonder how much my struggle with eating habits mimic my children's' struggle with their life issues?  I know what feels better but then I intentionally deviate.  My kids do the same thing.  How different are our life issues - really? 

Ultimately, we are a family who loves one another.  I will probably wake up tomorrow and worry about the day and all the possible problems, but I will love my kids.  I will probably be more likely to constrain a situation that is necessary so as to ensure a sense of normalcy.   More than likely my kids will do everything to make it a good day too.  And they will love me.  I already love them - no matter what.  My Mom will add her presence to balance it all out. 

We are a family doing what we do.  We love one another.

No comments: