Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Monday, May 19, 2008

Hello all! The paperwork continues to cycle through. I sent off over a dozen apostilled documents to St. Louis over the weekend. It still seems like there are still several left. On Friday, Children's Hope notified families adopting out of Vladivostok that there are two new requirements: an FBI check and a no Sexual Predator history certification. It is amazing how this all gets done.

Anyway I met with the group at work about the little one's shower which will now be held after he is home. I am thinking about registering at Sears because they replace clothing or shoes that a child either outgrows or destroys too soon for free. Since he will be leaving Russia with nothing, I suspect I need serious help in gettng him outfitted. Other than that I have my heart kind of set on getting him a Playmobil Airport set. And all the little extras. He and I will go through several airports before we get home and I thought it would be something he could see as a bridge from Vlad to Portland and all that entails. So that is totally going on the list.

And I am almost done with Art History classes for the year. They are hard but I may be done with those for the degree. If so, I can focus on the Russian language classes next year. I can hardly wait. Even better, with the school year ending I can pay more attention to the children I sponser in Russia. Even if children cannot be adopted they need someone to love and care for them. And I have the best and most wonderful sponser children. I am so proud of them. I am so looking forward to writing them more and letting them know I care about them.

So, off I go. I need to write at least one page on Japanese shogunate castles before I go to bed tonight. Take care and God Bless. - Sarah :)

4 comments:

Bill and Myra said...

I found your blog through another blog. My husband and I traveled on our first trip to Vladistok the 2nd week of February and are waiting on our court date too.

Make sure you also have a police clearance from the state where you reside. We just found out about it this week! You can email me at toeppe@gmail.com

Myra

P.S. We also have a private blog. I can send you the invite/link.

MamaSten said...

Sarah,
I am always checking for updates. I sooooo hope to hear good news about a court date for you soon. I hope you are doing well.
Take care,
Darla

Mama Sarah said...

Yep. There are lots of police/federal criminal clearances to pass. I hope that you have now had your second trip.

Mama Sarah said...

Bill and Myra please send me an invite.