Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Things were better and then they were not

So much good work is going on at the place Alex is at now.  It is an amazing place with amazing staff.  Sweetheart attends a normal school and is excelling at school work. So many happy indications that we were all moving forward in resolving this rift in family life. 

And then, it went sideways.  If my heart could break anymore, I think this would definitely finish the job.  The particulars do not really matter from a certain perspective.  The reality is that what happened changes the game.  It changes the fight and requires the family to adjust. 

I remain grateful to the staff where Alex is now - they work so hard at helping these children.  They are also kind towards me and they do their best to shield me from some of the worst of it. 

Life is what it is - and it continues as it is meant to be.  It doesn't mean it hurts any less. 

No comments: