Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tomorrow We have our One Year Post-Adoption Visit

How crazy is that! It seems like just yesterday Sasha was tearing through Heathrow on our way home. It seems just like last week I stepped into a minivan in Vlad so as to take the three+ hour ride to Sasha's former orphan home to pick him up for the final time. So tonight I think - what does it all mean? First and foremost - my son is home. For me personally, I find the Russian institutional structure an amazing miracle that saves children.


I think anyone still reading this blog should raise a cheer for us! You should raise that cheer because we survive. This family survives and heals in love. And tomorrow we will have the interview to let all that people in Russia know too. I do not know about anyone else but all the people I met in adopting Sasha will have a place in my heart forever.

No comments: