Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Saturday, April 18, 2009

I bought a new camera and haven't figured it out yet ...

There are new pics I want to share but I have not found the cable to connect the new camera to the computer so that I can download the new pics! Silly reason not to share, but there you go. Lots of silly things happen in life.

So we are trying new meds. Who knew a kid could be so severely depressed and suicidal at 6 but it can happen I learn things everyday. It is so hard to keep him safe. Just today he hatched a plan to hide so that he could run out into the street. I saw him, screamed and he literally hugged the shadows so as to run back into the backyard, go through the back doors and yell "why was Mama screaming?!?" The little bugger. I was in a seriously grumpy mood about the whole incident for awhile.

We have the best people helping us. New meds are being put in place and it looks better. The school psychologist from his old school could not believe the difference in him since she saw him last. Sasha is now in a special school that deals with other children who are suffering from things such as post traumatic stress disorder. While I want to set down in the kindergarten school room, cuddle all the babies and cry (who knew there were so many!!!), I am grateful Sasha is with people who know how to deal with the damage.

The best part of today is that we got lots of outdoor toys because the next couple of days are going to be pretty warm so I know how my seriously active son would love hours outside. Now he has ooddles of fun. The lady behind us in line at Target today was trying to tell Sasha how rare it is to see a child be given so much in today's economy - but of course Sasha paid her no attention. That is the attitude that got him home. It is what makes me smile everyday. It is with God's grace we continue. Thank you for all the prayers.

1 comment:

Tina said...

So happy to hear you have found some people who can help you help Sasha. the trauma that can be done to children in a short time