Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hello all! Just after I got this blog started I came down with a trifeca of illness. There was the chest cold combined with a sinus infection topped by an ear infection. Wow, I was really sick. I suspect the 40+ hours I spent on planes caused my immune shield to go down once I was home and bang - I got really sick. Finally, I am getting better and can turn back to bringing the little dude home. I have been in contact with the agency and I have a pile of documents to get redone. For those of you looking to adopt the notarized documents are only good for a year. The criminal check is only valid for 6 months and the medical cert 90 days. What fun.

On to better things. I had bought a bunkbed about two years ago when I was ramping up for the adoption so imagine my surprise that I bought yet another bed set when I was out shopping with Mom. Mom is no help in my attempts to try and keep money from flying out of my pocket. There is always something she finds that I absolutely must have. Of course to be totally redundant the new bed is a bunk bed set too. But this one is way cooler with a built in desk, drawers and shelving. I wish my bed had been so cool when I was little. Oh wait, I went with the pink/white canopy room approach. No cool "fort" options in that genre. Bummer.

Anyway the new and improved set has that orange/maple tone that is sure to bring a smile to the little one. Then on the last day of my visit with him I asked what his favorite color was to which he replied "orange." Me, being the designy artistic type that I am had hoped that there would be a color choice more likely to actually become a wall color. Orange is not that kind of color. But the bed will get us a long way there and with something like a sun mural on one of the walls I think we are good. Of course I have an extra bunk bed but that is what the empty rooms are for :). Beware - all who visit the Westenberg home will be using a guestroom outfitted in multiple sleeping options. :) And it will be done in a Dalmatian theme because I have way too much of the stuff and I have to get serious about being an adult now. Yeah, right. :)

No comments: