Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Friday, April 9, 2010

I am so disappointed by the idiot who put that child back on a plane to Moscow

As many readers of this blog know, my son's transition home was rough. Some days still have some interesting moments. But I would never trade one moment of my life with my Sasha. He is amazing. He is the sunshine of my life. I cannot believe they sent that other little boy back to Moscow. And believe me, my son has tried it all. I just hunkered down and love him through it all. And he does okay. I know it is hard but it just takes a parent to love them. And a network of family, friends and community to get it done.

Last year now seems like a weird dream. I look at my son sleeping tonight and I weep for that little boy. The little boy put on the plane to Moscow (alone!) is my Sasha's age and I cannot imagine my son going back to that life - alone. And I pray to God that it is years before Sasha hears about Aloysim's trip back and how it happened. He still tests and I would hate for him to think there is a point where I will call it "enough." I simply will never call it enough. That is enough said.

p.s. there are lots going on and I promise to give post an update soon. Take care and God bless, Mama Sarah

2 comments:

Maeflower said...

Hi Sarah,
I am really sorry about that woman who sent her son back to Russia, too. My granddaughter (age 6) is part of our family now for just over two years and our daughter hoped to adopt another soon but I wonder if that will happen now. These children are in my prayers (as are you parents, especially you single ones) and I pray He will guide the authorities to do what is best for these little ones who stand little hope of adoption in Russia.

God bless, and thanks so much for putting the picture on your blog. You both look so nice! It is wonderful to put a face with your name and words.

Maeflower

Cindy said...

My dad and I thought of you when we heard this, too. It makes me so heartsick to think about this woman doing this to a little boy. We only witnessed a small fraction of the tough transition you went through but we do this because we want to love and help a child be whole and have a happy life. What the heck was this woman expecting? Idiot is right.

Cindy