Everything That is Given Is Not What I Planned

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School!!!


What an amazing day for us! As you can see Sasha is excited to go back to school. Even though we were only off a month because he is in a year around school, it was long enough.
He is officially a first grader and is seriously happy about his new classroom. As we waited on the front steps of home this morning (because the school bus was a little late) he was so excited and happy about going back. And he loves his new school clothes. My son has made it clear that white oxford shirts and khakis are the preferred attire. For me this morning, I sat on that front step and remembered back to this time last year, add a few days, when I got the call to get on a plane to Russia to go to court for my son. I cannot believe how the time has flown.
I was so scared that the call would never come. Then I got caught in Passport Control flying through Moscow and everything started to go slightly eschew. And then stuff was so hard when we got home. It was hard for lots of good reasons but some days were really dark. Yet, as I look into my son's grinning joy it is all so worth it.
And he is having such a great time. Everyone loves him and his antics. Last week we visited one of the surgeons to discuss stuff and I told the doctor that my son could tell him what was needed. And he did. In amazingly good English. At the end the doctor said that what Sasha wants is entirely reasonable. As Mama I just sat back and smiled. Take heed America, Alexander Nickolai is here and he will be heard. :)

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

So excited to read about Sasha's first day of school! I'm very glad that he enjoyed going back to school and am so proud of him!! Sasha looks so cute all dressed for school! I can't wait to hear more about this school year-

Blessings,

Carey

whales50 said...

Way to go, Sasha!!!!!!! I look forward to hearing about all of your accomplishments during this school year. I know that you were the best dressed young man in your class. Sarah, the Lord has given you a wonderful son and you have done an awesome job getting him to his safe and comfortable place. Not only are you his Mom, but also his angel too. God Bless you both and also your Mom. Love, Marilyn

Cindy said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well. It sounds like he's managed to tackle some of those demons with your love and support. Today is our anniversary of the court phone call and I am amazed a year has flown by too! Congratulations, Mama Sarah!

Bill and Myra said...

How great that he enjoyed going back to school! He is adorable. I know how hard you both have worked to get this far. You both amaze me!

Myra